Though the interest in candles appears to be more popular among women than men in our modern era, candle making kit is a traditionally masculine skill with thousands of years of history. This has become a powerful hobby as same as paint by numbers for kids
The procedure is both straightforward and complex. It’s simple to get started; a batch will only take an hour to make, the materials are minimal, and cleanup is simple.
At the same time, achieving the ideal outcome can be difficult. This is only a starting point, there are a lot of factors to consider when making candles, from the jar and wick size to the wax brand and the different properties of essential oils.
Wax- the heart of Candle Making Kit:
Wax is a type of material that is used to make, without a doubt, the candle’s nucleus. In the world of making candles, there are three main styles to choose from. Let’s take a look over each one:
- Paraffin is a type of wax that is traditionally used in regular candles for hundreds of years, and it is still the most common ingredient in store-bought candles today. It’s inexpensive, and you can easily customize it with colors and scents.
- Soy is a legume; the new kid on the block which is quickly gaining popularity. It’s usually made with soybean oil, but it can also contain paraffin and other waxes.
- Beeswax is a wax made by bees. Beeswax is the oldest ingredient in candle making; it is developed by bees and is a by-product of the honey-making process, as the name implies.
You’ll be able to make a lot of cheap candles once you have your candle making kit in order.
Supplies and Tools:
Candle Making Kit is a perfect way to add light and fragrance to space, and they’re a fun craft project to do by yourself. After you’ve finished making your candles, you can use them to decorate your home or send them as gifts to your friends and family!
Everything you’ll need to get started is:
- One package of candle-making soy wax.
- One package of large candle wicks (Pre-waxed, pre-tabbed wicks )
- One bottle of fragrance oil.
- One spatula.
- One heat-proof container.
- One double boiler.
- One thermometer.
- One pair of chopsticks or pencils.
- Masking tape.
- Paper towels.
Steps for making your own Candle Making Kit:
Before you begin, go through the complete instructions for the homemade candle making kit. Prepare the area where you’ll be making your candle when you’re ready to start. Use newspaper or a brown paper bag to cover the floor.
- Melt the Wax.
- Adhere Wick to Container.
- Stir in the fragrance oils.
- Molding the Wax.
- Secure Wick.
- Let it cool.
- Trim Wick.
- Clean Up.
- Take pleasure in your candle.
Melt the Wax:
Make sure you have a clean, flat surface to work on before you begin the candle making kit process. Newspaper or paper towels can be also used to cover the area.
Place the pot over a hot plate or an electric stove to keep it warm. Add the wax and allow it to melt. If you want you can add your color and fragrance to the wax.
Wick to Container:
You’ll need to know the volume of your containers to figure out how much wax to use. I do this by filling the jar with water and then pouring it into a measuring cup to prevent any tedious math.
You may be tempted to skip this step and just guess, but it’s the simplest way to ensure you don’t waste any wax, and it’ll save you a lot of time if you’re making a large batch of candles.
Stir in the fragrance oils:
It’s entirely up to you, to add the perfume you wish to use. Essential oils and other scents can be bought at your nearest craft shop.
It’s best to follow the instructions on the bottle rather than estimating how much to put in based on how strong the fragrance smells after it’s been applied. Stir all together thoroughly.
Molding the Wax:
Pour slowly so that the liquid does not overflow. Make sure you don’t unintentionally knock the wick out of the mold. You get to decide how complete your molds should be.
When pouring wax into molds, bear in mind that it will shrink slightly after it has cooled.
The wick should be placed in the middle of the candle mold and stick out about two inches. Wrap the end of the wax that would be exposed around the middle of a pen or pencil.
Place the chopstick or pencil on top of the mold into which you’ll be pouring your wax. Make sure the wick is pointing straight down into the mold’s heart.
Let it cool:
If at all necessary, cool them for a full 24 hours. Soy candles take 4 to 5 hours to cool down. The longer you leave them to cool, the better to hold the wick in place, use skewers or Popsicle sticks.
Allow the wax to cool completely before trimming the wick to fit.
Since the long wick will cause the flame too big, this will help to contain the flame. Looking at the flame once it’s lit will tell you if it’s too long. If it’s more than an inch or so high and flickers a lot, it’s too long. Trim it down and relight it.
You’re probably thinking about how you’re going to get rid of all wax. The easiest way to clean it is to use a paper towel to rub away the wax when it’s still liquid.
If the wax hardens before you clean it up, luckily scrapes off of almost everything fairly quickly, so don’t be too concerned.
Take pleasure in your candle!
You can make decorating for your own home or, better still, a thoughtful gift for someone else now that you know how to make homemade candles with your candle making kit. If you want to go all out, pair your candles with a beautiful bouquet for the perfect gift or home show.
Candle Making Kits – Key Takeaways:
- After you’ve made your first candle, you can branch out and try making various types of candles; for a more advanced project, make sure to use the proper wax and wick.
- If you want to add a more personal touch to your order, you can further customize your Candle Making Kit by selecting a fragrance or essential oil to perfume it.
- The types of candles you can make are only limited by your thoughts.
- Get adventurous and don’t be afraid to experiment when it comes to customizing your candles. Have fun doing your crafting with your own candle-making kit!
- At Kronictron, we have more products apart from DIY Candle Making Kits. The hot products which have attracted many customers are Diamond Painting Kits and Paint Set with Peacock Painting.